4.06.2007

Chiba Chiba
























Konichiwa. Genki des ka? I'm going to be visiting Japan, and the artist, Mugi Takei, from April 9th - 24th. This blog will most likely be on hiatus, unless I manage to post from Chiba, Tokyo, Kyoto, Kamakura, or Hakone. Upon my return, I'll write up a review of the Beck show at Tokyo's Nippon Budokan on April 16th.


I'll visit the new Mori art museum, for shows on laughter and smiling in Japanese art, and Marlene Dumas, Broken White at Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo.

One Hakone Ryokan offers a hot waterfriend with the bath, and this mistranslation, "Every year the field burning of the field of the usual smut coming 3/14 days. It is schedule of 00. (At the time of foul weather postponement) Furthermore, the day has been planned also the execution of temporary traffic regulation. Reservation we accept the inquiry."

Sayonara,
Sister Rye

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome back and, then, goodbye again!

Will you share photos here of your trip?

SisterRye said...

Thanks Michelle! I miss PGW.

This will show you about half of the photos, http://homepage.mac.com/jmichels/.

It's rough, but it's a start. We're going to edit it down into smaller galleries by region. It'll give you an idea of the flavor of our trip, especially the very, very long parfait (a tall ice cream treat).

Hopefully I'll find the time to post some of my writing as well.

Michelle said...

Yes! I saw the very, very long parfait! There are some really wonderful photos here. I'll revisit the link tomorrow to see all of them as my connection speed at home is subpar, currently. Thank you for sharing.

Hope your first week at the new job is looking, feeling bright.

SisterRye said...

Thanks. It's exciting. This kodak gallery might be easier to view. It has almost all of the photos, http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=2w9sjtzj.3pzbrceb&x=0&y=-tllifq

We hope to get the Blue Snake Books martial arts blog rolling over the next few weeks.