10.09.2006

Dispatch from Chris the Camera Man












I just had an incredible theater-going experience - "Lulu" performed by the Silent Theatre company at the Victoria Theater in SF. A friend recommended it and I loved it so much I saw it the next night, too! I met a fellow I'd noticed there the night before... who it turns out has seen the show eleven times!!

Anywho, it's playing next Thursday through Sunday at the Victoria (on Mission), and I think you'd reallllly like it! It's German expressionist cinema done live on stage by a troupe that gets what they're doing. I've been gushing about this show since 9:15PM, when it let out. If you've ever seen Pandora's Box with Louise Brooks as Lulu, you'll adore this.

Thurs - Sat at 8pm, Sun at 7pm
More Performances Added! Extended thru October 29, 2006

Victoria Theatre
2961 16th Street
San Francisco, CA

[Chris]

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm housesitting in S.F. (and in The Mission at that!) for 5 nights this week. Convenient...I'll try to make a performance.

SisterRye said...

Let me know if it turns into a theater sit. I wouldn't mind. Anyone need a theater sitter?